Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Maureen Dowd - Carrie Bradshaw in training

As a journalist, I've considered "blog" a dirty word since the first time I heard it. Call me old fashioned, but I thought reporters should write the news and those stories should be read from a broadsheet newspaper. But now, as CNN uses bloggers as sources and newspapers are requesting their reporters write blogs, I think it's time for me to catch up with the times.

In creating my own blog, I'm working to hone both my writing and reporting skills, and I hope to get some feedback. Starting out, I'll write about what I know, college life (imminent graduation, being 21, etc.) and local, national, and possibly even world politics.

I'm not sure yet where my writing will take me, although I hope to one day earn my own newspaper column. Truth is, I'm not sure yet whether it will be more Maureen Dowd or Carrie Bradshaw...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home