Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm on Poynter!

As any journalist knows, Poynter Online is the place to go for journalism news, tips, jobs, gossip, and everything in between. The site has several blogs for each of these topics and when I recently became a member of the site, I subscribed to Writing Tools, a blog by Roy Peter Clark on how to be a better writer. When Clark wrote last week about the joys of dialogue in stories and asked for our own uses of dialogue, I responded with the scene from my Master's Project (Is there anything wrong with pink?). Clark posted an excerpt from my piece on Poynter! See it here (scroll down, I'm the last one in the first post).

1 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Blogger Will Write for Food said...

And why haven't I heard of this great site?!
Great job, Tina! Conversational writing can be tricky sometimes but I think you did it very well. I've noticed that more and more in AP stories: "I was thinking, 'If I knew what I was doing, I'd change my mind,' ya know?" Jones said as he wiped his forehead. It's great for writers for sure, but we copy editors find it tough to edit sometimes :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home